A few months back I decided to move over to a VOIP (Voice Over IP) service for my home telephony. It gave me several advantages over a standard POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) type connection. Mainly the ability to use softphone clients on my mobile to allow me to answer my home phone when out and about without the cost of call diversion, and also cheaper calls.
However, after a couple of months of use and one Android update later the softphone client stopped ringing on incoming calls – they flashed up on screen but the phone did not ring.
After a number of emails back and forth with Vonage support and also some trial and error I have come up with the following solution that will now allow the ‘Extensions’ App to work once again –
- Go to settings on mobile.
- Select applications option
- Click on Application Manager
- Select Extensions application
- Click on Permissions
- Slide to on the “Storage ON” option
- Press and hold the power button on the phone and then select the ‘Power Off” option from the menu.
- Once the phone has powered down, wait 10 seconds and then switch your phone back on using the power button.
Note – Selecting the ‘Reboot’ option will not fix the issue. A full power cycle is required in order to implement the fix.